Tuesday 11 August 2015

Pom- Pom Bedroom Art

Hello World!

Okay, this is one I have been dying to share with you. I made these a while ago, and only just realised I've never shared, so here goes. 


I used to have a huge poster hanging on the wall there, but I decided I needed something better, so I made these 

First things first, find some cardboard and cut two identical sized rings out of them. I used an old cereal box and a large glass. Keeping in mind the larger the donut, the larger the pom- Pom. 


Next, draw a smaller circle in the middle and cut it out. I fold it gently in half, trying not the bend or crease the cardboard and cut it. Once you have both, just put them together and you're good to go. 


Next is the wool. I picked these up from my $2 shop, they don't have to be super high quality but just make sure the threads don't rip to easily. I got purple and grey because they match my room best. 

Now, depending on the size of your carboard, you may or may not need a needle. I used large donuts so I didn't need them, but smaller ones are made easier by using a needle. All you do is start looping the thread around the donut, making sure to cover all the carboard. The more layers of wool the thicker your Pom- Pom is going to be, I usually do about 4. Now, cut the thread and tuck it under. 

From here, you will need to cut a long piece of wool from your remaining wool, to make the tail. The longer the better, as you can always cut it later. 

Now simply start to cut the wool at the edge of the donut, so you can see the cardboard inside. Then, taking your extra piece of wool, loop it through the two pieces of cardboard and pull it really tight. When you tie it, tie it as tight as possible to stop the threads coming out. Then, simply slide the cardboard off the end, and your done. 

You can give the Pom- Pom a haircut if needed, but I liked the fluffy look on mine so I left it. 

And there you have it! Make sure to leave a comment below on what your thought of this craft idea, and if you have any suggestions for further blogs. 

If you're ready, nothing can stop us
Stay fabulous, 

Girl Radical xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment