Friday 9 January 2015

Book Review: Girl Online, Zoe Sugg


Hello World! 
So, for those of you who read my last blog (Thankyou!), you may have noticed I briefly mentioned the book 'Girl Online' by Zoe Sugg. So, for today's blog, I am doing a book review! 

Book Description: 
Penny has a secret.
Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.
But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.

My take:
4/5 chickens 
This book for me was an absolute blast to read, and I enjoyed every page. It didn't have the slow boring start that most 1st time authors tend to have, and was an incredibly relatable book. Written from the perspective of a young teenage girl, Penny Porter, suffering from panic attacks, bullying and low- self esteem, coming out of the shadows and taking control of her life, this book made for an excellent read and I highly recommend it. 
The book is aimed mostly at the younger demographic however, Adults probably not liking the writing style that Sugg has adapted in her book.
I found Girl Online to be relatable because it talks about boy issues, being bullied by the 'popular' girl in school and just general dramas of a teenage girls life. The way Sugg has used evocative language and a flowing style, really captured the audiences attention and emotions, drawing them (and me) into this novel. The exciting plot twist that occurs in the novel, seems to turn the whole thing upside down, an unexpected turn for sure! The novel does however end on a happy note, and I'm not going to give any more details away, because that is for you to find out by reading the book! 

Available at:
Dymocks $20
Big W: $14 
E- book: $10.44 
QBD: $20 
All good bookstores and general stores 

Hope you enjoy :) leave a comment below telling me about any good books that you guys love or you take on Zoe Sugg's book Girl Online! 
If you're ready, nothing can stop us
Stay Fabulous 
Girl Radical xxx

1 comment:

  1. I love this book! I'm a sucker for books aimed at an audience below 22ish as they are so easy to read and are always fun and relatable! I can't wait for her second book to come out!
    www.wanderfreeblog.wordpress.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete