Monday 12 January 2015

Getting Ready For Back To School!

Hello World!
For those of you who don't know, I live in Australia, and it's currently Summer time here. 
What does this mean?
SCHOOL HOLIDAYS (also means Christmas is in horrible summer heat- ew)
But, being January already, it means school is almost here, and it's time to get ready. 
I thought for today's post I would share with you my tips on what you need for school to make it the best year possible.

I like to start my school year with a bit of planning. Usually around this time of the year, popular shops send out their back to school magazines and 'junk mail' as it gets called here. I collect all the brochures from my favourite shops, all my left over stationary from last year, and make a quick list of what I need, where I can buy it and how much it will cost. 
Next is shopping!
I didn't do all of my shopping in one day, but instead went to one shop a different day over a week whenever there was time, and by the end of it
Wulah! My school supplies :) 
The first picture is all of my stationary, there's not much I know because this year I chose to hold back a bit and buy a little less because I just don't use it. The large smuggle eraser ($5), scissors, liquid white out, crayon highlighter ($2.50 smiggle), extendable ruler ($2.50 Woolworths), sticky notes ($1 E-bay), and pens ($4 pack of 15 pens) were all saved from last year. As fun as it is to buy new stationary it's always smart to save it instead. 
My new stuff, I saved a lot of money researching and buying the cheapest items. Highlights ($3 6 pack from target), Pacers (2 pacers, lead and 6 small erasers $5 pack Woolworths), white out- tape ( .80c 2 pack office works) and lollipop eraser (I was given this so I can't hook you up sorry guys) 

Pencil cases!
This is my ultimate weakness when it comes to stationary- I LOVE THEM. Don't ever let somebody tell you you only need one pencil case, you can have as many as you want. These are some of my favourite, the left ($5 from Target) being the one if using this year (the right is $7 from sportsgirl, I got it on sale for $4). 
Books, of course are the most important part of a school year. 
Being true to myself I hardly ever buy anything for its full price and always find it on sale. The 2 colour hide books (purple and green), normally cost $7 for the purple 5 subject book, I got it for $3 at Target. And the green A4 lecture book normally $6, $4 from Target. 
The black books came in a set of 2 for $1.79 from Aldi, and the small campus notebook, I got for $1 instead of its normal price of $7 at Typo. 

So there you have it guys! 
I hope my school supplies inspire you to go out there and save save save! Happy Shopping and good luck with your school year :) 
If you're ready, nothing can stop us
Stay Fabulous 
Girl Radical xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment